October 2003 Volume 30|
The following table of contents lists articles in the October 2003 print edition of OR/MS Today. You may follow any of the linked titles to read those items in their entirety. For quick navigation you may jump directly to any of the following sections:
OR/MS Today now features Online Employment Classifieds
- Taking Stock of Virtual Markets
- By Martin Spann and Bernd Skiera
- Internet-based virtual stock markets show promise in everything from predicting business success to political upheaval.
- An OR-Inspired Job Search
- By Richard Hewitt
- Forget networking and résumé polishing. In order to find a good job in today's tight market, you need a more efficient search process.
- Teacher Orientation
- By Anuj Mehrotra and Sridhar Tayur
- A cost-effective proposal to prepare new faculty for effective MBA teaching.
- Can OR Light Up the Power Industry?
- By E. Kevin Doyle, Thierry Duchesne and Danny I. Cho
- A team from Bruce Power near Toronto seeks to optimize power generation and distribution maintenance by capturing the expertise of veteran experts before it's too late.
- Software Review:
- GAUSS Mathematical and Statistical System 5.0
- By ManMohan S. Sodhi and Wayne Holland
- Workhorse programming language proves a valuable tool for financial, econometric and statistical professionals and students, as well as operations researchers.
Don't forget the OR/MS Today Online Reader Service page!
Table of Contents
OR/MS Today Home Page
OR/MS Today copyright © 2003 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite220, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969
Web Site © Copyright 2003 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.