December 1997 Volume 24|
The following table of contents lists
articles in the December 1997 print edition of
OR/MS Today. You may follow any of the
linked titles to read those items in their
entirety. For quick navigation you may jump
directly to any of the following sections:
OR/MS Today now features Online
- Sense and Sensitivity Analysis
- By Jonathan Caulkins
- An operations research perspective on the illicit drug economy, related crimes and punishment. Landmark study models the effectiveness of mandatory minimum drug sentences.
- Sophisticated Crude Transportation
- By Emmanuel D. Chajakis
- Recent advances in petroleum supply modeling deliver significant savings. Marine logistics look for an optimal tradeoff between customer service and cost reductions.
- It's Cool, But Is It Worthwhile?
- By Douglas A. Samuelson
- Overwhelmed by information and a continuous diet of meetings, a federal agency turns to information technology. But does it help? Measuring the benefits of technological upgrades.
- Profit Navigation
- By Vitaly Pyrih
- Models chart path for retailers to maximize profits through product mix management. Aided by data mining, market-basket analysis and other techniques, new strategies boost the bottom line.
- Software Review
- By Ashutosh V. Deshmukh
- ModelQuest Expert 1.0: Reliable and fast data mining using statistical networks.
- Resource Directory
- A "yellow pages" for the OR/MS community: Listings of software vendors and consultants.
OR/MS Today Home Page
OR/MS Today copyright © 1997 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite 220, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969
Web Site © Copyright 1997, 1998 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.