April 2005 Volume 32|
The following table of contents lists articles in the April 2005 print edition of OR/MS Today. You may follow any of the linked titles to read those items in their entirety. For quick navigation you may jump directly to any of the following sections:
OR/MS Today now features Online Employment Classifieds
- Sobering Thought: Can IP Solve Liquor Store Scheduling Woes?
- By Bernard Gendron
- In Quebec, myriad union rules turn a seemingly simple employee scheduling problem into a logistical nightmare that perhaps only an operations researcher can appreciate.
- The 'Sound' Science of Scheduling
- By Lynn Gordon and Erhan Erkut
- Viable volunteer schedule produced by O.R. model is music to the ears of Edmonton Folk Festival organizers.
- Problem Solving in Airline Operations
- By Erik Andersson, Anders Forsman, Stefan E. Karisch, Niklas Kohl and Allan Sørensen
- Marrying end-user modeling and large-scale optimization pays off at SAS and other carriers.
- Pulp Fact, Not Fiction
- By Patrik Flisberg, Stefan Nilsson and Mikael Rönnqvist
- By taking the guesswork out of the equation, O.R.-based process control system helps cut costs, reduce environmental impact at Swedish paper mill.
- Inside the Edelman Competition
- By John Ranyard and Robert Fildes
- A behind-the-scenes look at the "Super Bowl of O.R." from two U.K.-based coaches.
- Software Review: Crystal Ball v7.0.1 Professional
- By Wayne Holland
- Intuitive, well-constructed Excel add-in offers aid to anyone modeling uncertainty or risk, or working with forecasting or optimization problems.
Don't forget the OR/MS Today Online Reader Service page!
E-mail to the Editorial Department of OR/MS Today: email@example.com
OR/MS Today Home Page
OR/MS Today copyright © 2005 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite220, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969
Web Site © Copyright 2005 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.