Table of Contents
-- NEW!!! OR/MS Today now features Online Classifieds
State of the Profession
- Paradox in Paradise
- By Peter R. Horner
- OR/MS professionals are relatively well paid and secure in
their jobs, so why aren't they happy? Revealing results from our
annual survey of INFORMS members.
- Surrounded by Success
- By Douglas A. Gray
- "Good" operations research and management science is
everywhere if you just look around. A day in the life of an OR/MS
practitioner in a non-OR/MS job.
- Management Perspectives
- By Richard A. Jacobs
- Will we ever see "the era of the management scientist?"
Building the contribution of, and gaining respect for, operations
research in Business America.
- Personality Problems
- By Douglas A. Samuelson
- Studies show that OR professionals cluster into a few
personality types, creating "blindspots" in their understanding of
others. The answer? More teamwork.
Vehicle Routing Software
- On the Road to
- By Randolph W. Hall & Janice G. Partyka
- From route capacities to randomness, vehicle routing software
developers must contend with myriad technical potholes that the
classic TSP doesn't even consider.
- A side-by-side comparison of 20 vehicle routing software
packages from 17 different vendors, including performance and
Other OR/MS Today web pages:
-- click here to visit our list of operations research/management
science Internet resources.
- Check out the
surveys that have appeared in past issue of OR/MS Today
- Click here to
return to the OR/MS Today homepage to navigate to previous
- Click here to find out how to order
and reprints of OR/MS Today.
E-mail to the Editorial Department of OR/MS Today: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR/MS Today copyright © 1997, 1998 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite 220, Marietta, GA 30060 USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969
Web Site © Copyright 1997, 1998 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.