Volume 24 Number 4
The following table of contents lists articles in
the June 1997 print edition of OR/MS Today.
You may follow any of the linked titles to read
those items in their entirety. For quick navigation
you may jump directly to any of the following
-- NEW!!! OR/MS Today now features Online
- Ringing Up Big
- By Vijay Mehrotra
- A look inside the call center industry, a ubiquitous,
dynamic yet little-known industry that is rich with
opportunities for quantitative methods and OR/MS
- The Optimization Engine That Couldn't
- By Moshe Rosenwein
- Despite some successes along the way, an
optimization-based engine built to drive the
manufacturing planning function at AT&T's consumer
electronics products division is abruptly shelved.
- Safety In Numbers
- By Kathleen L. McFadden
- When it comes to air travel, OR/MS models can be used
to expand our knowledge of factors in safety and form the
basis for setting national and international policies.
- The Rise and Fall of a Ph.D. Candidacy
- By Anthony R. Vanchieri
- Thinking about pursuing a Ph.D. while working full
time? Not so fast! Six lessons learned the hard way.
- The Paper Chase, Take Two
- By Stephen J. Bistritz, Ed.D.
- After one false start, the author strikes a balance
between family, work and study to earn a doctorate in
- Academics & Adventure Overseas
- By Anna Nagurney and Margaret M. Wiecek
- A year in Europe: Perceptions and perspectives on
international challenges and opportunities for women in
the mathematical sciences and engineering.
- TK Solver Release
- By Jerry Allison
- Mathematical modeling package is versatile, offers
application development capabilities.
E-mail to the Editorial Department of OR/MS Today: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR/MS Today copyright © 1997 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite 220, Marietta, GA 30060 USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-696
Web Site © Copyright 1997 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.