2003 Supply Chain Management Software Survey
The information in the survey that follows was provided by the vendors in response to a questionnaire developed by Tulane Consortium for Supply Chain Management. The survey should not be considered as comprehensive, but rather as a representation of available SCM packages. Questionnaires were sent to vendors drawn from various Web sources. It includes the products of those vendors who responded by the deadline.
The survey is broken down into 13 separate pages, as well as a table of functions cross-tabbed by methodology and a vendor contact directory:
- Page 1:
- Year Product Introduced
Platforms Supported: Windows 2000, Windows NT, Unix, Mac/Mac OSX, Web, Other (specify)
- Page 2:
- Recommended Hardware: Processor Speed, Memory, Hard Disk Space
- Page 3:
- Price Information: Single Site License, What Does License Fee Include?, Installation Support Cost: ($/hour), Typical Support Hours Needed for Installation
- Page 4:
- Industry Specifications: Industry Specific?, Which Industry(ies)?
- Target Company Size: Small, Medium, Large
- Page 5:
- ERP Software Specifications: Does Your Company Sell ERP Software?, Is Your Software Compatible with Other ERP Software?, Which ERP Software is it Compatible with?, Does the Software Allow Customization?
- Page 6:
- Methodology Used by Software: Auctions, Automatic Replenishment, Benchmarking, Contracts, Cross-Docking, Customer Relationship Management.
- Page 7:
- Methodology Used by Software (continued): Cycle Time Reduction, Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP), E-Commerce, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Environmental / Green Concerns
- Page 8:
- Methodology Used by Software (continued): E-Procurement, Facility Location, Forecasting, Inventory Management, Just-in-Time (JIT) Deliveries, Logistics Management
- Page 9:
- Methodology Used by Software (continued): Logistics Provider Development, Logistics Provider Selection / Evaluation, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Negotiation, Order Processing, Pick & Pack
- Page 10:
- Methodology Used by Software (continued): Point-of-Sale (POS) Transactions, Postponement, Production Scheduling, Productivity Analysis, Profitability Analysis, Reverse Logistics
- Page 11:
- Methodology Used by Software (continued): Supply Chain Network Design, Supplier Development, Supplier Selection / Evaluation, Supply Management, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Tracking & Tracing
- Page 12:
- Methodology Used by Software (continued): Transportation, Vehicle Routing, Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Other
- Page 13:
- # Companies Using Software / % of Industry Specific Companies
- Significant Installations
- Table of functions cross-tabbed by methodology
- Vendor List:
- Software vendor contact information
Be sure to read the companion article to this survey: "Supply Chain Managment"
by Yasemin Aksoy and Ana Derbez
OR/MS Today Home Page
OR/MS Today copyright © 2003 by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. All rights reserved.
Lionheart Publishing, Inc.
506 Roswell Street, Suite220, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Phone: 770-431-0867 | Fax: 770-432-6969
Web Site © Copyright 2003 by Lionheart Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.